NOS, Dutch Broadcasting Corporation
"In May 2011, Locality arranged for 30 people from the Netherlands interested in exploring what the "Big Society" might actually mean to visit the Selby Trust. The delegation was interested in seeing the concept of the Big Society they had heard so much about in Holland - in real action. Our Dutch colleagues visited the facilities and gained information about a range of social enterprises.
In June 2011, NOS - the equivalent to the BBC in Holland made a film to broadcast on the evening news in Holland to share how at the Selby Centre - a model of disadvantaged and diverse communities coming together - were seeking to prevent society from wasting its essential resource - people by developing social economic models like people mattered.
- TV report: http://nos.nl/video/251647-britse-burgers-pakken-wijk-aan-met-big-society.html
- The whole evenening news (scroll to 15min5sec): http://nos.nl/uitzending/42077-nos-journaal-2000-uur.html
- Crowd-Funding Helps Selby Global Garden Project at Selby Centre in London
- Crowd-Funding Helps Garden Project
- Selby Trust's Global Garden on BBC1
- Selby Trust's Global Garden to Lead Crowdfunding Revolution
- Charitys Web bid to crowdfund innovative organic global kitchen and feed Tottenhams global community