The successful applications from March 2019 are:
- Age: 11
- Project/Organisation: Black Arts Production
- Applied For: Belle and her friends; Zahani and Kaliyah applied for £238.98 to purchase a Video Camera and DVDs so they could film a theatre performance about the dangers of knife crime so it can be used in schools across Tottenham.
"Performing in front of a camera will help to build confidence; something that will help me later in life when I have a job or things like that."
- Age: 15
- Project/Organisation: Haringey Shed
- Applied For: Naiyla and her friends; Sienna, Tatiana and Shandezz applied for £250 to purchase hoodies for their theatre group.
"Haringey Shed is like home for many of us, where we can be ourselves and make friends, we are like a family. Lots of our families also do not have a lot of money and so having the funding to get hoodies would make it fair for everyone, rather than just those who have the money."
- Age: 14
- Project/Organisation: LIFT/The Vale School
- Applied For: Ashley and his friends; Zerda, Deshawn, Hemish, Sudenaz and Reuben are working on producing an argumented reality game about the diverse lives in Tottenham. They are planning a trip to the BBC in May to visit their Virtual Reality hub to learn more about this technology. The group of young people include young people with disabilities who require transport to be able to attend the trip. They applied for £250 towards transport costs of their trip.
"Because some of us have disabilities, we will need to drive and your funding will help provide transport for our trip"
- Age: 12
- Project/Organisation: Markfield
- Applied For: Abena applied for funding to get equipment for the afterschool and holiday club she attends at Markfield. Abena and all of the young people were really good at sourcing a number of items for £250 including basketballs, footballs, badminton equipment, musical instruments and sensory toys. Markfield run afterschool clubs and holiday schemes for young people with learning difficulties, autism and their siblings.
There is a 5th project we gave a conditional offer to as we needed more information. Once we receive that, we will update this page.