Systemic Youth Violence – Interventions
Time & Location
About the Event
Professionals working with at-risk young people are, now more than ever, dealing with the repercussions of life threatening behaviours involving guns, knife culture & County Lines.
The training will cover:
- An understanding of the current climate and debates regarding systemic youth violence
- The factors that influence youth violence and gang membership
- Specific issues for girls and young women in gang culture
- Exploring violence as a public health issue, not just a criminal justice problem
- Moving beyond "diversion" - prevention, mediation and rehabilitation
- Practical tools for credible interventions
Ray Douglas is one of the UK’s leading thinkers and “doers” around working with at-risk pupils and young people. A prolific trainer and curriculum developer he has created numerous intervention programs tackling youth conflict & violence aiming to reduce the number of those at risk of life-threatening behaviour involving guns, gangs, knife crime & extremism.
Ray has been an approved trainer for governmental departments and currently delivers within schools colleges, universities and prisons. Ray has worked nationally and internationally training & advising schools and local authorities around reducing systemic youth violence.
Please note this course is FREE for professionals working with young people in Enfield and Haringey only.