Grants of up to £6,000 are available now to make your home warmer and cheaper to heat
What is Smart Homes?
Smart Homes offers grants of up to £6,000 to help you make energy saving improvements to your home.
The grant is available for properties needing solid wall insulation or with cavity walls that are difficult to insulate. Generally, if your property was built before 1930 it is likely that you will be able to benefit from this grant.
The scheme is open to both homeowners and landlords (or tenants with landlord consent) in Haringey, Camden, Enfield, Hackney, Islington and Waltham Forest.
The recent Green Deal Home Improvement Fund, which offered a similar grant, closed after just 7 weeks due to thousands of households applying. Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity.
What will I get?
1. A grant of up to £6,000 This grant will cover up to 75% of the cost of installing energy saving home improvements, including either solid wall insulation or insulation of 'difficult to fill' cavity walls. The remaining cost can be paid for with the savings made on your energy bills (via a Green Deal) or any other source of finance, such as your own savings.
2. A £50 subsidised Green Deal Assessment This will identify which energy efficiency measures would suit your home and how much energy and money you could save.
3. Dedicated support Access to our independent Advice Line and a Smart Homes Advisor who can support you through the process and offer assistance with choosing energy saving measures for your home.
4. Help to get the most grant money available Although you will need to contribute towards the cost, we will help you to get the most grant money available through other grant schemes that may be open to you.
5. A warmer, greener, better home A property can lose over 40% of its heat through solid walls - if you live in an uninsulated home this could be costing you hundreds of pounds a year. The solution is solid wall insulation which can significantly reduce heat loss, save you money on your energy bills, benefit the environment by reducing carbon emissions and improve the appearance of your property.|
How does it work?
Step 1: Get a Green Deal Assessment & quotation for the work
A Smart Homes Assessor will arrange to carry out a Green Deal Assessment of your home at a time convenient for you. Following the visit you will receive a Green Deal Report which will highlight the most suitable energy saving measures for your home.
Smart Homes offers a subsided assessment at £50, saving you up to £150. To request an assessment call the Smart Homes Advice Line on 020 7527 4736. Our partner organisation will contact you within 48 hours to arrange an appointment. (If you already have a recent Green Deal Assessment you can apply for the next step of Smart Homes by calling the number above.)
Our Smart Homes partner organisation can also provide a quotation for the installation of energy saving measures. Alternatively you can arrange your own quotation using an installer of your choice, provided that the company is Green Deal accredited.
Step 2: Select energy saving improvements & decide how to pay
Our independent Smart Homes Advisor will discuss your Green Deal Assessment and quotation with you, and can help you to identify which energy saving improvements you would like.
Before any work starts, our Smart Homes Advisor will notify you of the total amount of grant funding that you will receive. This will be paid directly to your installer once works are complete.
You will need to pay the remainder of cost which is not covered by the grant. Our Smart Homes Partner or your Installer can discuss the options available to do this, such as your own savings or Green Deal finance.
Step 3: Apply for permissions & install home improvements
Permissions such as Building Control Approval, Planning Consent and leaseholder or landlord consent may be required. Your Installer will discuss this with you. Once gained your home improvement works can begin.
Step 4: Enjoy a warmer, greener, better home
When your home improvements have been installed our Smart Homes Advisor will ensure that you get all the relevant completion certificates, guarantees and insurances so that you can sit back and enjoy a warmer, greener, better home.|
How do I apply?
For more information or to apply phone us on 020 7527 4736 anytime between 9am and 7pm, Monday to Friday. If we’re not there, you can leave your name and number on our answering machine and we’ll call you back.
020 7527 4736 - open Monday to Friday, 9am - 7pm
*Please note that a grant funding agreement can only be awarded until 31 March or until all the funding has been allocated, which may be sooner. We cannot guarantee that everyone who enters this process will receive a Smart Homes grant.